Spring fever is imminent, so get ready.
We will probably freeze again, so be careful!
Tomato plants are in the stores, but they
don’t like cold weather…
Here are some things to do this month:
* plan your veggie garden…count on planting
foods you buy at the store…create a mini farm
in your back yard
* buy seeds from some of the catalogs I listed on
January 1st blog post.
* add compost/mulch to your garden,
get your bed(s) ready for veggies in march!
if no bed, make one!
* cut liriope or “monkey grass” back before
* check out the “cool season” veggies available
now at your local garden stores–broccoli, lettuce,
chard, brussel sprouts, spinach.
* begin planting fruit trees, bushes. blueberries,
* plant sweet peas from seed, be ready with supports
for these delightfully fragrant plants.
* wack your butterfly bushes back by 1/2…