Hey. I know you are getting ready for Thanksgiving. How many people do you have coming? Do you do all the cooking? Robert and I cook the turkey and ham while everyone else brings a dish to add to the feast!
Did you save those pumpkins from Halloween? If so here is a quick “how to” on filling that pump with flowers and greenery from the yard and grocery store that will be a huge hit on Tday.
If you run out of time, just forget carving, and enjoy the natural beauty of the pumps!!
Here’s how you “stuff” a pumpkin:
1. Inspiration for these colorful arrangements came from Organic Gardening magazine.
2. Gather your supplies: pump, knife, spoon, bowl for seeds and goop, soaked Oasis block , gallon size plastic bag, mix of greenery and flowers.
3. Carve the top off of the pumpkin. Make a wide cut as in picture 3.
4. Place the Oasis in a plastic bag, nestle the Oasis into the carved pumpkin then cut Oasis to about 1 and 1/2 inches above the opening of the pump.
5. Next have a great time arranging greenery from your yard such as magnolia, basil, rosemary, flowers, seed pods and ornamental grasses.
Keep your flowers misted and plop a couple of ice cubes directly on top of the Oasis to keep the arrangement moist.
More easy tablescape ideas this weekend!!
see you .