June is a busy month for gardeners in the CSRA.
- Plant more Southern peas, beans, corn, and okra from seed.
- Garden stores still have transplants ready to put in the ground. Find more squash, peppers, eggplant and tomatoes!
- Tie up tomatoes, peppers, cukes, and pole beans to keep an upward growth habit! Use tall wood posts, stakes, bamboo.
- Fertilize your veggies. I’ve been using Espoma soil fertilizer and fish emulsion spray on my vegetable garden this year.
- Plant pumpkin seeds! Remember they need lots of room & be sure to look at maturity days for length of time you’ll need before they are ready!
- Last chance to plant sweet potatoes.
- Start rooting your hydrangeas.
- *Plant zinnias, celosia, sunflowers, broomcorn, amaranthus and cosmos all from seed…Order from Johnny’s Seeds while they still have a super selection.
- Buy some dahlia bulbs and get them in the ground!
- Not too late to plant annual transplants…marigolds(lots of
Still lots of gardening to do this month!